Friday, May 15, 2009

Brief update

Wow, it's been a while! I've missed March and April's budget/net worth updates, plenty of government financial insanity, Swine Flu panic, and plenty of other blog-worthy subject matter in the interim. But, rest assured, I have not been sitting around doing nothing. No! Here is what I/we have been doing these past two months.

I have been substitute teaching. A lot. I feel like I work, work, work.

I have been teaching voice lessons as well. This does not take up a whole awful lot of time, but it is nonetheless a weekly time commitment. More will be added this summer when some of my students from the school will be taking private voice lessons.

I traveled out of state to help my dad in a craft show that my mom was unable to go to. Not a lot of traffic but a very good time with my dad and a few bucks to show for it.

I started another part-time job. I teach at a well-known test-prep company. (I always knew those ridiculously high test scores would pay off). The pay is actually pretty good for a part-time job, plus I get paid for out-of-class time I spend preparing for each class. And by pretty good, I mean better than my mom's job that she's good at and has been at for several years. Too bad it's only about 15 hours a week.

Outside of work, we rescued a 1-1/2 week-old kitten, bottle fed her, weaned her, and are now litter-training her (she's now about 8 weeks old). We've made some inexpensive improvements to our apartment to make it more home-y. Currently, we spend a lot of time researching, choosing, and driving by homes for sale in our area that are in (what we believe to be) our price range.

I've fallen off the bandwagon a bit as far as couponing goes. I've been working so much and had been spending much more time looking for deals than I really should have that I put it on the back burner for now.

This post is not really very meaty, but I wanted to give everyone an update and mini-explanation as to why I've been so silent before abruptly jumping into more intense subject matter.

Posts may continue to be somewhat spotty for the next few weeks as the school year winds down, but once summer hits, look forward to more consistent work. I look forward to reconnecting with my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment