Saturday, March 14, 2009

Walgreens windfall...

A Walgreens success!

5 free Coffee Mate creamers!

It took 3 Walgreens to find enough stock, but we made it. Following the advice and printable coupons from moneysavingmom.com, I was able to print 6 $1.50/1 coupons for Coffee Mate. (FYI, the $1/1 coupon leads you back to the 1.50 coupon and lets you print that twice again).

These were (are for the next hour if you're near a 24hr store) BOGO at $2.49 at Walgreens. You can use 1 coupon for each item, even though one is free, so they ended up both being free with $0.51 overage. Limit two, but I fortunately happened to have two friends with me. So, we bought 6 creamers, I got two candy bars (thought they were $0.89, but were really $0.50), they got a candy bar and two packs of gum (with a BOGO coupon they had). All of these total probably cost $1.25.

I bought these for my parents, who go through about 3 creamers a week anyway. Liquid creamer is not really something you buy for the food pantry... I would not have gone to the trouble if I didn't really think it would be used.

I must confess I have been somewhat turned-off by Wags lately, as it seems so much work to try and find a store that is not sold out of the free stuff. But, now I know that if I go the extra distance to the rich side of town, they seem to have more on the shelves! Poor rich people, they're too good to use coupons...

Don't forget your Sunday papers tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment